Our St. Petersburg city tour by night is a great chance to see how locals live in such a contrast between glorious facades and hipster abandoned Soviet factories.
- Adult 12+ y.o.
- Child from 7 to 11 y.o.
- Infant from 0 to 6 y.o.
Explore Russian Food with Local Guides!
The best way to learn about Russian cuisine and Russian food culture traditions is to visit the local market, buy some food, and visit a local family apartment. On our St. Petersburg food tour, you will have a great chance to ask any questions about Russian life and ask for some secret tips on how to cook borscht or beef stroganoff!
- Learn everything about Russian cuisine in the central food market in the city.
- Enjoy an evening with a local family at their home and taste a delicious home-cooked Russian meal and drinks.
- Find out what “kommunalka” is and what role it plays in our life.
- Learn more about traditions while chatting with your host.
To understand the Russian mentality, you need to see how such a big country has changed over the years. The best way to track these changes is to visit the local central market. Our food will tell you lots of stories about different cultures that created one united Russian nationality. Oh, the food! What would be better to explore in another country? You will have a chance to learn about the culinary traditions and to taste an authentic home-cooked meal. Have you ever heard the words “salo” or “kvas”? Your guide will explain everything.
Don’t eat too much at the market, because you’re also having dinner in a local home! This is a unique opportunity to help families support their kids and to learn more about the everyday life of normal citizens. It is our charity project that helps those who really need it. The host will share with you traditional recipes and may even teach you something.
We’re sure that this St. Petersburg food tour will be your best memory from your journey to Russia!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Dinner and drinks at a local home
- One-way metro ticket for use during the tour
- Additional food and beverages
- Tips for your guide