Explore the magnificent Lake Baikal and take a city tour off the beaten path in Irkutsk! Irkutsk is a unique, ancient city, a historic crossroads of trade routes!
- Adult 12+ y.o.
- Child from 7 to 11 y.o.
Explore Irkutsk with Your Local Private Guide by Night
Whether you have a stop during your Trans-Siberian Railway tour or you just arrived here to see Lake Baikal, a city tour is a must-do during your stay in Irkutsk. This is a great opportunity to discover the must-see sites of Irkutsk in a friendly atmosphere, stopping in local bars and cafes. Enjoy the moment and feel like a local.
- Discover Irkutsk with a local private guide.
- Learn about Siberian people’s way of life now and before.
- Try the traditional Siberian dish pelmeni and take a shot of strong local alcohol.
- Visit the local chocolate shop and even try to make your own.
- Be impressed by local architecture, mansions of the 19th-century, and awesome wooden houses.
- Enjoy the view of the Angara river and get inspired to start planning your next trip to Siberia.
You will start your tour in the very center of Irkutsk. Together with your guide, you will head to the local craft beer bar along the famous Karl Marx street. It’s lined by more than a dozen interesting mansions of the 19th-century, the Irkutsk Drama Theater, monuments to famous local people, fountains, two universities, the building of the former Russian-Asian Bank, the first Irkutsk cinema, and much more.
It’s a good idea to listen to local stories and discuss the controversial historical facts with a glass of local craft beer, isn’t it? Sure it is! Have some time in a bar and continue to explore the city.
The next stop is more about Siberian cuisine. Have you ever tried Siberian pelmeni? Pelmeni are dumplings with various fillings. Choose the one you like most — will it be with meat or with cabbage?
It’s not the end of the party yet; more experiences await you! The next stop will be at one of the coolest bars in Irkutsk, called Library bar. After a quick stop here, happy and full of enthusiasm, you will continue your way and see the city’s most famous houses — wooden houses.
Be ready to be impressed by the next view of the Angara River. The modern embankment full of aromas of fresh bakeries and coffee is a very popular place among the locals to spend their summer nights in good weather.
Your Irkutsk city tour will end at the square of three churches. Do not forget to ask your guide to recommend how to continue your city exploration. Every guide has his/her own list of must-see places.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Snack (dumplings)
- Drinks (beer or moonshine)
- Extra food and drinks
- Personal shopping for souvenirs
- Tips for your guide
- Children under 18 years old are allowed only with parent or guardian and won’t be permitted to drink any of the alcoholic drinks.